~366 dresses in 2012~

1.17.2012

Dress One

In line with my plans for the New Year, I am going to embark on a 365 piece project called "Dress-a-Day". I have been so impressed by my Niece's Dictionary Word Per Day in 2011, love the inkdrop, you should click over and see what a great job she did! She, and other year -long projects like skull a day have inspired me to embark on a similar endeavor. This project will be broadly scoped in the sense that I would rather complete it than have it be stupendous but unfinished.... Therefore, I plan to keep the theme to fashion, but let the parameters be otherwise wide open. That means that I might work ahead of myself and then post one per day, I might work on full sized garments, or post prints, illustrations, paintings, collages, etc. I will add a picture a day to this "page" on my blog with the most recent being at the top. The link to the page will always be the same, as in a single post, with the only difference being that it will expand with time. I would love to work in tandem with people too, so if you have a project you would like to work on this year, a little at a time, just send me a message! There's nothing like having the accountability of a daily deadline to keep one on task, in the moment, and mindful of the present. Happy New Year! Check back often, I'm looking forward to creating with you.

1 comment:

  1. Really love this first dress!
    Great idea to do ONE a day.
    ONE a day of anything is way more productive than I usually am. Gonna think of my own Daily Project.
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete

Whispers from the Void....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...