~366 dresses in 2012~

2.26.2012

Dress Fifty Seven

Many of you may have seen my copper plate etching "Police Call Box" but I bet very few have seen the series she came from.  While hanging out in the Laughing Lizard Cafe one winter break, I started sketching "dressed-up" versions of a stone carving by Mike Murphy.... here is a rough sketch of the carving:


and here are the ladies all dressed up:





They are all just silly imaginings - doodled to pass the time.  Here is a picture of the etching inspired by this last drawing:





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing these! I adore every one of these chubby lovelys. Something makes me want to share a cup of tea (or teatime martini) with each one. Love the variety of riffs on the common form.

    ReplyDelete

Whispers from the Void....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...