~366 dresses in 2012~

2.04.2012

Dress Thirty Five

As was posted yesterday, we are on a theme with one particular dress.  Here, on the right, is the original sketch - showing the red ink it picked up when masking the monotype and appearing dark because the opposite side was rendered blue.  The print on the left is the result of sandwiching the piece on the right between two white pages and putting it through the press.  You can see the brayer marks from me laying down ink on my plate everywhere but the area of the dress.  You can also see my finger prints from holding down this mask as I brayered all around the cut-out original sketch.  The sleeve kept catching up in the roller and almost ripped off, but in the end, these ghost/surprise prints are the most interesting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whispers from the Void....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...