~366 dresses in 2012~

2.03.2012

Dress Thirty Four

These next few days will be variations on a theme.  We worked with reductive monotype methods in print class on Wednesday night and the following is a sampling of some of the images I created primarily with rubbings with a wooden spoon.  Today, on the right, you see one side of the original illustration, cut out. 

In the monotype process, I often make a rough illustration and place it beneath the see-through plate to either trace or use for reference in the image rendering.  In this session, I made my reductive monotype and then cut out the silhouette to help me mask the section of the plate I did not want inked.  Tomorrow's post will illustrate this method.

The pink ink was picked up from the plate, masked by the lace on the bottom section during a unique print rubbing.

The print behind it is a ghost of this remnant ink captured by sending the silhouette through an actual press.  It is a version prior to the lace rubbing..... so kind of a ghost of a ghost print. 

check back tomorrow for additional variations!

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving looking through your closet, Liza! My favorite of the day: #34!

    Becky Blades

    ReplyDelete

Whispers from the Void....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...